Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dogged Praying

The Lord knows that my faith weakens often in offering a particular ongoing prayer request. So recently He sent me help to get on my knees and beg anew. Perhaps it may help you.

It came from reading Sean Michael Lucas' biography on Robert Dabney. From a sermon Dabney preached in February 1849 on prevalent prayer, he had a section for parents whose children were "grievously vexed with sensual and devilish lusts." Note how Dabney strings together encounters of the desperate with the Savior to give this urging in praying:

Go to him. Say, have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David. Does he answer you not a word? "Cry after him." Does he seem to neglect you? Fall at his feet and worship him and cry, "Lord help me." Does he tell you, "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs?" Does he say you are unworthy? "Truth, Lord." You have set this child so bad an example that you have no right to expect anything but its ruin? "Truth, Lord." Your prayers are unworthy in motive and kind? "Truth, Lord." Admit all, and tell that such is the glory of the Savior's righteousness, the vilest are so suitable objects of the mercy it purchases as any. "I am a dog, but it was just for dogs, that the crumbs of pardoning mercy are made." Therefore, I ask as a dog.

Yes, I do.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

r4 said...

Wonderful blog. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this blog. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks !

healthy skin diet said...

Good job. All of them are useful.

walking to lose weight fast said...

That article is so interesting and makes a very nice image in my mind. Thank you for sharing this info with us!

walking to lose weight fast said...

I totally agree with this article.

healthy skin diet said...

Blogs are so interactive where we get lots of informative on any topics...... nice job keep it up !!

low fat diet said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting information.

low fat said...

I think this is really a very nice post. Thanks for the great content!

stop smoking tips said...

Thanks for posting this useful info. It really helped me

healthy lunch ideas said...

I just love the way you work. Thanks for sharing this great and interesting stuff.

pilates equipment said...

Thanks for the great info. I’ll be implementing much of this soon!

diet to lose weight fast said...

I would like to see more details about this topic.

Vivian said...

Notifies and then Project 2010 signs can even be set for alterations built to challenge as well as situation assessments when it comes to Project Device. Every useful resource is going to alter the frequency for inbox notifications and simple guidelines for the purpose Project 2010 download of new as well as delinquent things; on top of that, Venture Facilitators also can arrange his / her resources e-mail alerts. Any time a Undertaking Fx broker configures e mail monitoring as well as simple guidelines with their solutions, the actual Work Managers Microsoft Project 2010 download configurations override all those arranged from the aid. Microsoft Project 2010